Sticky Date Pudding with Rum Butterscotch Sauce by Anna Tan
90 gram of dates ( seeds removed)
¼ cup hot water
70 gram butter
95 gram plain flour
40 gram gula Melaka
½ tsp cinnamon powder
½ tsp nutmeg powder
½ baking powder
½ baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
Rum Toffee Sauce
1/3 cup gula Melaka
¼ cup butter
1/3 cup heavy cream
¼ cup black rum
¼ tsp sea salt
½ tsp vanilla extract
Method for Making Dates Muffin (Makes 6)
1.Preheat oven at 180°C. Simmer dates in 1/4 cup water until soft, let stand 10 mins, blend to puree.
2. Beat together butter and gula melaka until light and fluffy about 4 minutes
3. Beat in 1 egg until well combined
4. Add flour, salt and mix at low speed until just combined and add dates puree.
5. Add spices and vanilla, mix well.
6. Pour into greased and floured muffin molds or baking tin and bake about 25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean at 180 °C.
7. Serve warm with rum sauce, ice-cream or cream fraiche.
Method for Rum Butterscotch Sauce
1. In a small saucepan over low heat, combine butter and sugar melaka. When sugar has melted and mixture is bubbling, stir in the heavy cream. Allow to come to a simmer, add rum then transfer to a small pitcher and allow to cool.