Matured stiffed sourdough starter
(Fed & leave at room temp 6-8hrs)
Artisan/Bread Flour 300g
Wholemeal Flour 50g
Cold water 200g+-
Sourdough starter 175g
Malt Extract 7g
Vanila extract 1tsp
Cinnamon & nutmeg sparingly
Dried Blackcurrants 50g
- Mix all together with a mixer speed 1-5mins, speed 2-3mins, check for window pane stage.(add in blackcurrant at the end on low speed)
- Transfer to greased container to proof for an hr with cover on.
- Stretch & Fold every interval of 45-60mins for 2-3 times.
- Preshape and cover with damp cloth then rest for 20-30mins.
- Final shape in banneton and cold proof in the fridge for 10hrs .
- Preheat oven with dutch oven inside to 250ºc.
- Carefully unmould dough onto baking paper sprinkled with cornmeal .
- Steam oven for 2-3seconds, score the dough then transfer it into dutch oven to bake for 20mins with cover on, remove the cover and bake for another 10-15mins.
- Transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.