Scone recipe adapted frm the book of "OurSweetKitchen" Chefs Chi Anh Dao & Hoang Anh Nguyen
250g self-raising flour
25g castor sugar
Half tbsp matcha powder
50g chop chips
75ml cream (i used whipping cream)
Some extra of milk n sugar to brush.
1. Combine flour, sugar, matcha powder & choc chips in a mixing bowl.
2. Handwhisk milk, cream n egg together. Combine this to flour nixture. Stir gently with a spatula till evenly mixed.
3. Knead the dough gently on a floured baking mat till a disc-like dough is formed. It can be a little sticky. DO NOT overwork the dough.
4. Use a scone cutter to cut abt 5 to 6cm dia n 2cm thick. Line them on a lined shallow baking tray.
5. Brush the top of scones with milk n sprinkle some sugar.
6. Bake in a preheated oven of 200°c for 12-14mins or till risen n top golden brown.
7. Serve warm with butter n homemade jam.
[Connie's Homemade Cranberry Sauce/Jam]
1 packet fresh cranberry
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup orange juice
1 tsp orange zest
1-1/2cup sugar (i reduce to 165g)
1. In a saucepan, boil the water, juice and sugar.
2. When sugar dissolves, pour the washed n rinsed cranberries into the saucepan.
3. Cook until boiled abt 10mins, then lower heat and simmer/covered for 5mins.
4. It should look quite thickened and bubbling in texture-wise.
5. Remove from stove. Using a stick blender, blend till even or desired texture.
6. Stir in the orange zest. Leave aside.
7. Meanwhile, prepare the clean jam bottles by sterilising in a pot of water.
8. Bottle it and leave to cool before refrigerating it.