150g oyster mushrooms
100g kentucky flour
2 eggs (beaten)
Oil (deep frying)
1. Wash and pat dry the mushrooms.
2. Dip mushrooms into egg then dredge in flour.
3. Shake off excess flour before deep frying till golden brown. Run the mushrooms in hot oil again (for about another 10secs) when all are done and drain on kitchen towel before serving.
4. Bon appetit!
1. Do not add water as stated on the back of the Kentucky flour packet, as mushrooms already contain water and will ooze them out during frying.
2. Refrying is to make the mushrooms crispier.
3. Must eat the dish while its hot cos crispiness will deteriorate over time as mushrooms contain moisture.
4. At the end of deep frying, pour some cornflour slurry into the hot oil to clean it, must ensure sufficient depth of pot or pan as the oil/water level will raise once the liquid is poured. Use a chopstick to stir, all the 'dirty' stuff will stick to the glue like cornflour, the oil is cleansed.