115g plain flour
100g castor sugar ---> adjust accordingly if you prefer it less sweet
4 eggs (separated)
Oil for greasing mould
1. Bake flour in a preheated oven at 150 Deg Celc for 1 hr. Leave to cool.
2. Beat egg whites & sugar at high speed untill it turns lights and stiff. Add egg yolks, one at a time. Beat well till batter thickens.
3. Heat up oven to 200 Deg Celc.
4. Heat up kuih bahulu tray in the oven.
5. Divide the egg mixture into 3 portions. Divide the plain flour into 3 portions.
6. Mix in 1 portion of the flour into 1 portion of the egg mixture. Fold till well mixed.
7. Grease the mould with oil. Pour in the batter till 3/4 full.
8. Bake for about 8 - 10 mins till golden brown. Remove the kuih from the mould with a bamboo skewer or toothpick.
9. Repeat egg mixture + flour process once the batter is used up.
Note: preparing the batter in batches will give you a soft and fluffy kuih. This recipe make a slightly crusty outside, with a soft and fluffy texture inside.