2 teaspoons rice flour
Pinch of salt
120g fine sugar
4 cold eggs from fridge
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Unsalted butter for greasing mould
1. Place sugar in a oven proof bowl and bake for 5 mins at 100 degrees.(I use my Rowenta oven 100 degrees fan mode bottom heat centre rack). Leave to cool before using.
2. Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Grease the kuih bahulu mold with unsalted butter and leave inside oven for at least 2 mins.
3. Using mixer or hand mixer, beat cold eggs with cooled sugar till pale yellow and double in volume.
4. Sift both flours and salt and slowly fold in 3 batches into the egg mixture.
5. Pour batter into measuring cup for easier pouring into the heated mold.
6. Bake for 10 mins. I use my Rowenta oven bottom heat fan mode centre rack. Remember to re-grease the mold and reheat before pouring batter. Leave to cool before storing in airtight container.