500g chicken (cut small pc, can use wings)
600 g rice (rinsed)
Water is a little lesser from normal cooking rice method ( let's say 500g just put 450g)
5 pc dry mushroom (soak until soften and cut), don't discard the water
2 pc Chinese sausage - rinse with hot water, remove the plastic and cut
40g or more salted fish (fry until golden )
10g ginger cut very fine (optional)
1) marinate the chicken with 1/2 tbsp light sauce, 1 tbsp oyster sauce , 1 tbsp HUA teow chiew
1/2 tbsp sesame oil, 1 tsp white pepper powder, 1 tsp corn flour, add in the ginger juice ... marinate for one hour ( I fry for a while )
2) for the mushroom I fry without oil for a while and take out
3) put the rice into the claypot with the mushroom water and cover, let it boil, about 10 min open it n put in all the ingredients on top of the rice.
4) lower the fire n cook for another 10 to 15min (pls do not stir the rice )
5) when it's cooked, take out, add in no. 6 and stir well. Top with spring onion and fried shallot. Done (It will not be spicy at all).
6. Add 1 tbsp dark sauce, 2 tbsp of shallot oil (can use olive oil) & 2 tbsp chilli sauce in a bowl and mix well.