300g crayfish (deshelled & washed)
4 salted egg yolks (steamed & mashed)
2 tbsp egg white
1/2 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tbsp + 1/2 cup cornflour
2 sprigs curry leaves
2 cloves garlic (sliced)
1 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp butter
Oil (deep frying)
1. Marinate crayfish with egg white, soy sauce, salt, pepper and 1 tbsp of cornflour for at least 30mins.
2. Dredge crayfish in cornflour again just before deep frying them till golden. Drain and set aside.
3. Melt butter in pan, stir fry curry leaves and garlic till fragrant.
4. Add salted egg yolks, stir constantly over medium low heat till it bubbles, sprinkle sugar then coat the crayfish thoroughly before plating.
5. Bon appetit!
1. For those who like spicy food, may add 1-2 cut chilli padi to this dish during step 3.
2. Do not discard the salted egg white which can be used in other dishes.
Post link: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=926889950660182&set=gm.696404283761984&type=1&theater&refid=12&ref=m_notif¬if_t=group_comment_reply