Ingredients ( 3 pax)
200 gram rice noodle ( soaked till soft with water, 2 hours)
12 medium prawns (divined)
½ cup of bean sprout
3 tbsp of chopped sweet radish
1 small firm tau kau ( fried and cut into cube)
3 garlic (minced)
2 shallots (minced)
4 to 5 branches of Chinese chives (cut length of 7 cm)
5 tbsp cooking oil
Sauce for frying Pad Thai
1 to 2 tbsp chili paste
3 tbsp tamarind juice
2 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp oyster
1 to 2 tbsp brown sugar/ white sugar
Toasted crush peanuts
Thai chili flakes
1. Heat up the oil in the frying pan, fry the shallots and garlic till fragrant.
2. Add the sweet radish, stir well.
3. Add the prawns and fry till it turn pinky.
4. Toss in the noodles, pour in the sauce and stir well.
5. Don’t over cook the noodle, toss in the chinese chives, tau kwa and bean sprout. Mix well.
6. Pick a strip of the rice noodle to try its cook or soft to eat. If yes, turn off the heat.
7. Ready to serve.
*** if you like you may add 1 egg after you add in before the bean sprouts and chinese chives***
***In the pic, I had made a big omelette to wrap the pad thai.
2egg, pinch of salt, 2 tbsp oil***
Whisk the eggs with salt well.
Heat up the big non stick pan with 2 tbsp of oil. Grease the pan and pour in the egg. Make as thin and big omelette as possible for this wrap.
Scoop the portion of pad thai that’s enough for 1 pax to wrap with omelette.
Transfer to the plate and garnish with lime, peanuts and chili flakes.
Post link: https://m.facebook.com/groups/475176279218120?view=permalink&id=719429251459487&ref=m_notif¬if_t=group_activity