Ingredients (makes 12):
200g Cake flour
1/2 tsp baking powder (double acting)
125g unsalted butter, softened
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla paste
180g sugar (I used fine sugar. original recipe called for 200g, but I used only 180g. Kinda of sweet too)
2 large eggs
Pandan milk (75g of coconut milk, 25g of pandan juice*, 45-50g of pandan extracts*, green colouring)
*How to get Pandan juice and extracts
20 pandan leaves
150ml of water
cut 20 pandan leaves into smaller pieces
Put into blender and add in water
Use a sieve or squeeze thru muslin cloth to get the juice
If you do not have any, use your clean hand to do it.
Collect juice and keep in fridge overnight
Next day, you will see some darker green at the bottom and that will be the pandan extracts. The water above will be the pandan water.
Method for Pandan cupcakes
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. line muffin pan with cupcakes liner.
2. Sift Flour and baking powder together and set aside.
3. In a greased free bowl with a stand mixer, cream butter till light. (should be just few minutes, scrap with spatula occasionally)
4. Add in vanilla paste and salt to combine and cream until smooth
5. Add sugar gradually and beat until fluffy. (About 3 to 5 minutes)
6. Add egg one at a time till well combine.
7. Add the sifted flour in three parts, alternating with the pandan milk. Each addition to be well combined. But do not over beat.
8. Fill the cupcake liners 3/
9. Place baking pan on the middle rack and back for 25 minutes.
10. Cool the cupcakes completely on the cooling rack.
***The basic recipe was adapted from Fuzzymazing.blo
***For the food colouing, I used a toothpick to dip into the colouring so as to give it a little more green.
Post link: https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10204839000883390&id=1489989470&set=gm.706246739444405&source=48