1-2 cubes codfish (I bought from Song Fish)
10 tbsp egg white + 1/2 tsp salt
7 tbsp milk + 1 tbsp corn flour
1 tsp ginger (finely minced)
2 tbsp water + 1 tsp corn flour
2 tbsp milk
1 pair you tiao
1 tsp white vinegar
Oil (deep frying)
1 1/2 tbsp carrots (finely grated)
1/2 tsp corn flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp oil
1. Slice codfish to the side of 1/3 your pinky finger then roughly chop them, set aside. Can leave fish slices as is too.
2. Briefly stir fry the carrots till soft then dish out onto a small bowl. Add yolk, corn flour and salt then mix well. Steam the roe using bain marie method till it turn custard like, stir a few times in between. Set aside.
3. Lightly beat egg white in a bowl with salt. In a separate bowl, dissolve 1 tbsp cornflour in 7 tbsp of milk. Combine both and add fish, mix well.
4. Cut you tiao to bite size and airfry at 160 deg C for 4 mins, arrange the crispy you tiao on plate.
5. Heat up a non-stick pan till very hot, then add oil. Lower the heat to medium low, pour the egg white mixture in immediately into the 'cold' oil, the heat from the pan will gradually cook the egg white mixture when the oil turns luke warm.
6. Use a spatula and stir gently for a couple of times after letting the egg white mixture sit in the oil for about 1/2 to 1 min. Drain the egg white mixture through a sieve once it turns opaque, set aside.
7. Use the same frying pan after emptying the oil to stir fry the ginger till fragrant, add corn flour slurry (2 tbsp water + 1/2 tsp corn flour) and then add milk when it thickens slightly.
8. Stir in the drained egg white mixture, mix well and cook a further 1-2 mins till fish meat is done over low heat. Turn off the heat, drizzle vinegar around the side of the pan, give the dish a stir and dish onto the you tiao, leaving about 2/5 portion in pan.
9. Add the roe to the pan, then stir gently and scoop onto dish.
10. Serve hot and bon appetit!
Post link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/singaporehomecooks/permalink/694947227241023/