1 pkt king oyster mushrooms
4 tbsp corn flour
1 cup panko bread crumbs
4 tbsp parmasan cheese
2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
Oil (enough for deep frying)
1. Wash and pat dry mushrooms. Trim caps and save for other dishes.
2. Cut the stems uniformly to about 1 cm thickness.
3. Beat egg with garlic powder and salt thoroughly.
4. Mix the cheese into the panko bread crumbs.
5. Coat the stems with corn flour then dip into egg and finally dredge them in the bread crumbs. Press lightly to ensure the bread crumbs bind to the mushrooms.
6. Deep fry the 'breaded scallop' till golden brown. Drain well on kitchen towel.
7. Serve with tartar sauce or your favourite sauce or eat it plain.
8. Bon appetit!