1 pc bread (toasted)
2 tbsp parmasen cheese (finely grated)
2 tbsp panko bread crumbs
1 tbsp egg white (beaten)
2 tbsp cornflour
2 tbsp white vinegar
Water (for poaching egg)
Ice water (cooling of egg)
Oil (for deep frying)
1. Use the back of the spoon to crush the panko bread crumbs further into powder form, then mix thoroughly with the parmasen cheese. Set aside.
2. Carefully crack the egg into a small bowl or ramekin.
3. Bring a pot of water to a simmer, just below boiling point, pour in the vinegar.
4. Stir the water to create a twirl, gently lower the egg into the vortex.
5. Cook the eggs for 2 mins and scoop it out gently with a slotted spoon, lower it into the ice water for about 2 mins to stop it from cooking further.
6. Use a kitchen towel to gently tab dry the egg, (trim egg if desired) then coat with flour before dipping in egg and dredging with the panko parmasen cheese mixture.
7. Heat the pot of oil till very hot, lower the egg into oil and lower the heat immediately.
8. In a very short while (about 30 secs), the brown crust will form and scoop out the egg immediately.
9. Drain and serve on toast.
10. Bon appetit!
1. Do not stir the egg further once it is dropped into the vortex.
2. The egg in step 5 is actually under cooked as further processing is required. Usual poached eggs takes about 3 mins.
3. Gentle handling of the poached egg is very important as its very fragile throughout step 5 & 6. If the yolk breaks, got to redo the poached egg.