Salted Caramel (adapted from sally's baking addiction)
1. Heat 200g of sugar in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly with a rubber spatula.Sugar will form clumps initially.
2. Continue stirring and it will melt into a thick brown liquid as you continue to stir. Be careful, don't burn!
3. Once sugar is completely melted, immediately add 90g of butter (cut them into pieces first). Be careful!!!! Because the caramel will bubble rapidly when the butter is added. Stir the butter into the caramel until it is completely melted.
4. Very slowly, drizzle in 120ml of of whipping cream. Be careful!!!! Because the whipping cream is colder than the caramel, the mixture will rapidly bubble or splatter. Let the mixture boil for 1 minute. It will rise in the pan as it boils.
5. Remove from heat and stir in 1 teaspoon of salt. Cool the caramel down before using.
6. Cover the caramel tightly and store for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator. Warm the caramel up for a few seconds before using in a recipe.
*get all the ingredients ready b4 starting! To minimise the chances of burning the mixture.
*You may wanna use a bigger pan in case they mixture splatter.
Post link: https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=10153183883631531&set=gm.681381415264271&type=1&theater