300g dried shrimps
2 handful dried chilli
8-9 pcs shallots
20g galangal (blue ginger)
Above is all my agaration...
1) Rinsed n soaked dried prawn approx 5 min, discard water n finely blended, set aside.
2) Cut open dried chilli, de seed n cut into small pcs again. Soaked in warm water till soft. Discard water set aside.
3) Balacan chop to tiny pcs put in AF or oven to toast it with 160degree for 5-8 min.
4) Shallot, garlic, galangal cut into small pcs together with balacan, buagalak to blend till smooth paste (a).
5) Put dried chilli to grind till smooth paste with bit of water. (B)
6) Heat wok use medium flame with 3tbsp vege oil, stir fried paste (a) till fragrance add in paste (b) continue stir fried 5 min. Add dried shrimp which is finely blended.
7) Add some sugar according to your like n keep stir fried till color change to golden dark (it's dark not chao TAr hor).
P/s ... Wok turner have to keep stirring ....add some oil if too dry....sugar add bit by bit to taste otherwise too sweet not spicy.
Post link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/singaporehomecooks/permalink/663236647078748/