Adapted from Teresa Theng but I airfried them instead of deep frying...
1 blk of mozzarella cheese (I only use partial for this experiment)
1 tsp powder garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup of panko bread crumbs
1. Cut the mozzarella into strips (I only did 6 strips, in case my experiment went wrong. Ingredients listed above is only enough for 6 strips).
2. Beat egg with powder garlic and salt.
3. Dip strips into egg then dredge them with the bread crumbs (impt: ensure every exposed cheese area is well covered), finish the batch then repeat step 3.
4. Freeze the strips for 20-30 mins to set the dish.
5. Preheat the airfryer at 200 deg C for 5 mins, meanwhile brush/spray some olive oil onto the strips.
6. Airfry the cheese sticks for 5 mins, check and turn them every 1.5mins to ensure even browning.
7. Serve hot with your favourite dip.
8. Bon appetit!
1. Make sure every exposed cheese area is well covered with bread crumbs else cheese will ooze out during airfrying time and the end product will be a hollow cheese stick
2. I use the grill pan to airfry this dish for easy cleaning.
3. Can deep fry this dish if do not have an airfryer, deep fry till golden brown in very hot oil. No need to apply any oil onto the cheese sticks if deep fry.
Post link: https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=908259122523265&set=gm.681781111890968&type=1&theater